🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Ghost writing
Page options
12freelance
Community Member

Ghost writing

I am ghostwriting for a client and understand that I waive my rights to receive credit for the piece. Shall I write my name on the word document being forwarded to the client, so they know who it came from in the event they wish to hire me again at a later date?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Peggy P wrote:

I am ghostwriting for a client and understand that I waive my rights to receive credit for the piece. Shall I write my name on the word document being forwarded to the client, so they know who it came from in the event they wish to hire me again at a later date?

You don't need to do that, if the client hired you on Upwork, they'll find you in their Upwork account.

Thank you Petra.

My name should not appear anywhere on the document, correct? 

Is there any documentation I need to put on the piece itself releasing my rights? 

re: "Is there any documentation I need to put on the piece itself releasing my rights?"

No. Don't need to add anything.

You already relinquished all rights associated with the work you are submitting a long time ago - when you clicked on a button affirming that you agree with Upwork's default contract between clients and freelancers.

re: "My name should not appear anywhere on the document, correct?"

It does not really matter.

If you send me a file with your name in it, I can remove your name.

If you send me a file without your name in it, I can put your name in it. Or my name. Or make up a new name. When I hire a freelancer, then I can edit any file they send me. If they send me a file I can't edit, then they sent me the wrong format. I will not release payment or close the contract until they send me the correct file format.

Thank you.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths