Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going hard on us- very suspicious of my profile

Highlighted
Stefan S Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
1 of 16

Hi,

we`re (music production) here since the times of odesk and hired a lot of people.

Now we wanna offer our work as freelancer,too. We got a lot of hurdles to do that from the Upwork Trust and Safety department. First I did this video verification test: fine with me

Then after 6(!) years of activity (no complaints whatsoever) and great reviews Upwork suddenly doubts that I`m working as part of a team?

Plus I `m violating the Upwork policy because of posting reference-tracks for other brands?

Does this represent the new Upwork policy to scare of members?

Did anyone have similar experiences?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 16

Hi Stefan,

I'll confirm that freelancer profiles are designed to be used by individual freelancers. There is an option to create an Agency and add your team members' freelancer profiles under it, so you can be hired and work together on contracts. You can find more information in this Help article

I see you're actively communicating with our team so please share any profile-specific questions you might have on your ticket.

Highlighted
3 of 16

I find it just interesting that  I spent 2600 USD the last 6 years hiring freelancers and operating as a team and

suddenly I have to pretend to work alone.

You got in professional music production many stages that requires more people involved.Hey we got 2017:

Arrangement in C-tracks-Records Studio,Munich-recording the vocals in London, mixing in Stockholm Sweden and mastering in NY. These are all freelancers, that don`t have an Upwork-profile.

I`m not Acency and will not to pretend io be one.

Let me know how we should proceed.

Cheers

Stefan

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 16

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry but in order to keep using your Upwork account, you'll need to comply with our ToS and follow the steps I outlined. Creating and Agency profile will enable you to work as a team, unless you have permission from each client to include other individuals on your contract, in which case you'd still need to update your freelancer profile to remove any team references.

Highlighted
5 of 16

I`ve adjusted my profile text. If a job requires a different expert than me I will ask the client for permission.

Let me know where you see an violation of your advertising policy on my profile.

Cheers from

Stefan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 16

@Stefan S wrote:

I find it just interesting that  I spent 2600 USD the last 6 years hiring freelancers and operating as a team and

suddenly I have to pretend to work alone.

Nobody sais you that you have to pretend working alone. Vladimir told you that you can open an agency. Each member of your team will have a profile on the agency. 

That being said, I reckon that an agency is not optimal at all since the client has to hire each individual member.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
7 of 16

So what do you recommend in my case?

Also I was told that my profile can`t be related to my company C-tracks Records-how is this fisible?

Thanks Rene for helping me out here.

Cheers

Stefan

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 16

Stefan, Upwork only allows individual freelancers. Companies have to open Agency profiles. Your freelancer profile cannot be the profile of a company.

You can, however, subcontract on fixed price contracts (and never on hourly contracts), provided that you clearly inform your client(s) that a specific part of the job, or the whole job, will be done by someone else.

-----------
Highlighted
9 of 16

Hi,

thank you for this info. Could you do me a favour and review my profile whether it is now accord with upwork policies. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 16

@Stefan S wrote:

Hi,

thank you for this info. Could you do me a favour and review my profile whether it is now accord with upwork policies. Thank you

Nope. I can't. It's private.

-----------