🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Google ID Chat
Page options
debravrussell
Community Member

Google ID Chat

I keep getting clients that want me to set up a Google Chat ID and then add a third party. Is this right? See Example Below:

**Edited for community guidelines**
8:42 AM EDT, 25 Jun 2018
Hello Good day to you,Thanks for showing interest in our job post to know more about the Job and company"s history what we need you to do is that you are to create a Gmail Google Hangout ID and then, you are required to add **Edited for community guidelines** on Hangout via **Edited for community guidelines** to proceed further with more on the Job briefings and interview. Kindly do that now and message Mrs **Edited for community guidelines** letting her know that you ready for the interview.
5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Debra:

These are scammers.

They are are trying to trick you so that they can steal money from your bank account.

Their goal is to steal between $2000 to $4000 from you.

There is no job.

You are an entry-level newbie on Upwork. If a "client" sends you an invitation and asks you to do something with Google Chat or Google Hangouts, stop communicating with them.

What about this request: 

Hello Good morning I will be please to tell you more about this job offer I will be available to talk thru out today reach out to me by via mail email me **Edited for community guidelines** and also attach a copy of your resume. thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debra,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, our team is looking into this and will review the client and will take action as per our internal processes. If you have more details about this client or screenshots of messages please send me the private message with more details. You can also use the flag option found on each job post to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Here's the help article for more information. Check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just got the same message asking me to contact someone through hangouts 

@Tiffany T wrote:

I just got the same message asking me to contact someone through hangouts 

Scam, 99.9999%

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths