🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Google ads setup
Page options
4e778d7f
Community Member

Google ads setup

Hello, I just got my first project and I have some questions on how to proceed. For example, the terms or services say that I can't share my email with the client but he needs my email in order for him to add me as his google ads manager so I can create his google ads campaign.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonio,

As long as you and the client have agreed to communicate outside of Upwork by exchanging your email. this should be okay. It's fine to communicate with your clients by other means outside the platform after they respond to your proposal. I do however advise you to copy all the files and communication into the contract's message room after each conversation, and ask your client for acknowledgment, in order to keep a record in case a problem arises.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4e778d7f
Community Member

Thank you Bojan, so basically I can send my email or even phone number through the message section that will be ok correct? Because I saw some YouTubers saying that they were blocked because they communicated with the client outside of the platform 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonio,

While we recommend keeping communication on Upwork, it's allowed to also use other means to communicate with clients. All payments need to be made on Upwork, however.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths