🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Got fired? from Upwork
Page options
johncole21
Community Member

Got fired? from Upwork

I made my Upwork profile sometime during the February of 2018, in the meantime I applied for jobs, and not quite understanding the concept of Upwork, I applied to all of the jobs (of which 4 or 5 were actually closed, most of them are still active) and used up all of the connects. I've decided to wait for the new batch of connects, which should have arrived on the 1st of March, according to my billing cycle. I used that time to polish my profile page and work on my portfolio, and I even got a Rising Talent badge.

After waiting a couple of hours I realized I wasn't getting my connects back, I contacted the customer support and got this reply:  

" Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.

First, we want to say that we appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Upwork community. Unfortunately, after reviewing the skills and experience in your submitted application we have found we cannot accept it.

We’re sorry we don’t have better news for you right now. However, at this time our marketplace already has many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours. Since we cannot accept your application, you will not be able to use the marketplace or submit any proposals.

Thanks again for your interest in Upwork. If you’d like, you can learn more about applying to join Upwork by clicking here.

Regards, "

So what does that mean? I'm FIRED from Upwork? Is that what I think it is? I thought this was a freelance site available to ALL people. And why did I get the Rising Talent badge if my application is "unacceptable". I wish somebody would explain it to me what actually happened and why.

Thank you,

NK

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Nemanja,

Checking your account I can see that you have another older account which has been closed already. It appears that you contacted Customer Support from the email address associated with that closed account which is why you received a response about your inactive account. All communications to support regarding your current account, should go through the email address associated with it.

Regarding your connects, those should update today. If the connects do not refresh within 24 hours then please do reach back out here or to the support team (be sure to use the address associated with your active account) and we'll assist further.

~Nina

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
versailles
Community Member

@Nemanja K wrote:

I thought this was a freelance site available to ALL people.

Oh not at all. They chose who to let in and whom to show out. Actually they have way more freelancers than they need and they won't hesitate to let go those who are not earning.

The good news are, you're not missing out anything since you haven't earned anything on the platform yet. Maybe you are actually saving yourself a lot of frustration.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Nemanja,

Checking your account I can see that you have another older account which has been closed already. It appears that you contacted Customer Support from the email address associated with that closed account which is why you received a response about your inactive account. All communications to support regarding your current account, should go through the email address associated with it.

Regarding your connects, those should update today. If the connects do not refresh within 24 hours then please do reach back out here or to the support team (be sure to use the address associated with your active account) and we'll assist further.

~Nina

Thank you for your response. That is strange since I thought I already communicated with the customer support using my other email (it's my main email address and I like having all important emails on there), but I was wrong. I'm gonna make sure I only use the email address that is associated with my current Upwork profile.

Appologies for the confusion.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths