cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new job

MADAN K Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
1 of 6
Hi Everybody,
I got message for new job . As it's my first job just want to know does it authentic? If yes how I can deal for payment method?

Thanks,
Madan
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
2 of 6

Madan:

Is it a real offer of a job?  Is there a place for you to click to accept the offer?

Don't work until it is an official offer.

If you work hourly and use time tracker then the payment is automatic as I understand.  I have only ever done a few hourly jobs, and for those I entered my time manually.

Don't Work Until You Accept A Valid Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

Did you get an email that looked like this:

offer.jpg

Did you click on Review and accept this offer and then accepted the offer?

When you go to your My Jobs page, does it show a contract there?

MADAN K Member Since: Jun 12, 2016
4 of 6
I got message as well as email on my ID also, but they have given option to pay by upwor also.

So Pls advice.

Madan
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Madan,

Please, note that it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS to offer or accept payments outside of Upwork. The job you are referring to will be reviewed by the team and necessary actions taken.

Please, check the resources listed in this post for more information about getting started on Upwork and working safely.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
6 of 6

Madan:

If you received an email that looks like the screenshot Petra shared, then you can click to accept and you will be paid through Upwork.

If you didn't get an email that looks like the sceenshot Petra shared then you didn't get a legitimate job offer and you can just delete the email or reply and tell them you aren't interested.

Unfortunately, scammers prey on people with little to no work history.  So you have to look out for your own best interests because no one else will.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS