🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Government Id
Page options
kashmaala
Community Member

Government Id

is adding government id necessory? and if i don't add so can i get/withdrawal payments ?

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kashmala,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Upwork wants to better ensure our marketplace is a secure place for upstanding freelancers and clients to connect and work together and sometimes we ask for verification. At the moment, it's not necessary for you to upload your ID to withdraw. We would let you know if there's a need via email. You can also check this help article to manage how you get paid.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

They wanted to verify the video validation. I did it. now there's a notification to get identify badge to build client trust, get started. If i dont want to add government Id. So I want to know if it could have any bad effects on my profile.?

And can i get/withdawal money without adding gov.ID?

Hi Kashmala,

Thanks for completing the video verification step. The notification your received was for the ID Verification Badge. As part of our efforts to keep Upwork safe and fraud-free, we sometimes need to ask again. In this case, the badge is completely optional, as is the verification process to earn it. The “Identity Verified” badge will appear as a checkmark next to a freelancer’s name. To learn more about this initiative, please check this help article

To be able to withdraw your funds, you will need to add a payment method on file and  to fill in your W-8BEN form

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths