🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: HELP - client asking me to submit a draft...
Page options
anmoore0718
Community Member

HELP - client asking me to submit a draft before active contract

Has anyone run into this before?

I am working hard to land my first job on Upwork. I finally received and invitation to interview and I’ve been speaking with this client for a day or two now. We agreed on job amount, etc. Now he is asking me to submit a draft of the assignment before he decides if he wants to move on. My gut tells me that any work is work, and I’m not giving him anything unless this is an active contract, but just want to check to see if there’s something I’m missing considering this is my first go-around.

I did submit examples of my work in the proposal. Please let me know what you think!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ashley M wrote:

y gut tells me that any work is work, and I’m not giving him anything unless this is an active contract, but just want to check to see if there’s something I’m missing considering this is my first go-around.

Your gut feeling is right.

Tell the client you'll be happy to provide a draft, the price of which will be $ XXX - as soon as you have a contract.

Don't budge from that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ashley M wrote:

y gut tells me that any work is work, and I’m not giving him anything unless this is an active contract, but just want to check to see if there’s something I’m missing considering this is my first go-around.

Your gut feeling is right.

Tell the client you'll be happy to provide a draft, the price of which will be $ XXX - as soon as you have a contract.

Don't budge from that.

Thank you Petra!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths