🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » HOW DO I GET PAID ?
Page options
souheib2
Community Member

HOW DO I GET PAID ?

so i recently oppend my account and completed a job for a client

few hours later he told me he cant manage to pay me then i rememberd that i did not add a payment method 

so my question is after adding it and waiting for three days so that it can activate will my client be able to pay me or do i have to do something more ?

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Souheib,

I checked your account and it looks like the contract you're referring to is an Hourly Contract. In order to get paid for Hourly Contracts, you'll need to log your time in the Work Diary, your client will be invoiced automatically each week for the time you log.

You can check the following help articles for more information on Hourly Contracts:

Hourly vs. Fixed-Price Projects
Get Paid for Hourly Contracts 

Use Your Work Diary

Weekly Billing Cycle

Hourly Protection

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
souheib2
Community Member

i did try to write the time manually but it refused me access demanding client permission first

after he gives me permission and i type the time will he be able to pay me or is there another procedure to do ?

Hi Souheib,

If the client has given you access and allowed you to add manual time, you can add it to the current billing period before the Work Diary is locked, and only for intervals that you have not already logged time in. To log hours in your own time zone you may need to switch to your own time zone by selecting Mine from the dropdown timezone menu in your Work Diary. Please know that Manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment Protection. For more information, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths