🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT ?
Page options
souheib2
Community Member

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT ?

i recently finished a contract with a client 

the payment was agreed and the contract was terminated how long does it take for the transaction to be completed ?

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001189073-Start-Working

Go to hourly and fixed price (whichever one you did) to see.

souheib2
Community Member

i checked i had an hourly contract i found two possible anwers 

_i will receive full payment 5 days after the payment is made

_i will receive full payment on friday 5 AM UTC 

which one of these answers is correct

NOTE : another possible answers implies that the payment will become available after the billing cycle end on sunday

Hi Souheib,

Please note, when working on Hourly Contracts all time logged in the week is invoiced to the client on the following Monday. In the meantime, you can see these funds in your Overview under the Work in Progress tab. For hourly contracts, you get paid following the Weekly Billing Cycle.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
souheib2
Community Member

so if i am not wrong according to the weekly bidding cycle i will recieve the payment the wednesday after the next one

but my client already inforemed me that he has done the transaction in question and the payment will be ready at the end of the week and my work was already reviewed

so do i fall under the weekly bidding cycle or not

Hi Souheib,

As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts* begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later.

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths