🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Has anyone been scammed on this website?
Page options
littlebit2
Community Member

Has anyone been scammed on this website?

I was sent a counterfeit check that I deposited into my bank and I deposited the money into another bank account for the people that scammed me. I don't blame Upwork. I just want to know if there are anymore scams out there that I should look out for.

45 REPLIES 45

re: "Someone deleted my entire website becuase i refused to pay them ($100!) outside of UpWork."

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience while using Upwork.

Did you immediately change access credentials and restore the website fully from backup?

Community Member

I have been offered jobs that are not in my profile and get my email completely overrun with " interview" claims- they want me to do 200 seperate audio files for $5?? WTF  and then have upwork take thier cut--- I have tried to contact upwork- asked for someone to contact -- or how I speak to a real person and nothing --- I have purchased lot of " bids " and have NEVER been hired---  I tired of spinning my wheeles here--- I sent photos and all info about a party trying to get us outside of upwork- and guess what ? NOTHING was done--- I'm STILL getting job postings from them----  I don't think we have anyone but a BOT running the ship-- Im very dissapointed

9d2fb907
Community Member

I was scammed just an hour back in the name of upwork,they asked me for the registration deposit n claimed that it will get refunded with ist salary.I m attaching the screenshot where I sent the money.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sahiba,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please be advised that financial transactions outside Upwork are against ToS. Freelancers do not have to pay a client to start the contract. We highly suggest that you check the tips here on how to avoid questionable jobs. If you also encounter any suspicious user activity, please send us a flag so we may investigate further.

~ AJ
Upwork
12af030e07b28528
Community Member

This guy collected my money on 22nd/10/24  but hasn't delivered the work till this date.I am only new on upwork can you please see in to this so I can get a refund? 

Hello Gillian,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I see that you already have an ongoing support ticket regarding your concern, and you've recently followed up with the team. Kindly allow more time for the team to respond and continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths