cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been scammed on this website?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
11 of 12

Upwork does not set up offers or "assign" anything to us. Upwork is not a temp agency. I don't know why anyone would assume Upwork was like Kelly Girl.

Upwork gives experienced freelancers a way to connect with clients looking for specific services. There are millions of clients and freelancers using this site. It is not possible for Upwork to hold our hands and babysit everyone.

It is your responsibility to read up on how the site works, but more importantly, what it means to be a freelancer running your own business.

By the way, us "gurus" are not Upwork employees, we are freelancers who work on this site - do not expect us to take responsibility for you. Upwork employees are recognized by the little green logo next to their names.

Peter R Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
12 of 12

I am an employer only. I have been scammed three times where the person hired is not the person performing the work. One example: We conducted a phone interview with a gentleman with fluent English. After work commenced, the person performing the work was not the same individual and his English not legible.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS