🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Has my client been charged yet?
Page options
wild-montage
Community Member

Has my client been charged yet?

Hello, I completed work for my client last week and I need to know whether she has already paid for it. She has since then finished the contract. I'm a little worried since I give her my work before payment and I'm wondering how secure is my money. 

The $200 are currently "In Review," but it's not under "Pending." However, the client's page does show she has spent more than $400, which I think wasn't the case a few days ago.

This is my first Upwork Job and I need to know what is the proper procedure here. Is it too early for me to contact her over this? 

5 REPLIES 5
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Aaron,

I just checked your account and I can see that your earnings are still in review. Kindly wait until your earnings become available so you can withdraw them to your payment method. Please go to your Overview page and then hover your mouse over the question marks to learn more about the phases. Thank you!

Untitled

Thanks but I already knew that. I just wanted to know if the client had already paid. She already approved my work and said she loved it so why is it still "in review"? 

I also wanted some advice on whether I did the right thing to give my work (not watermarked) before receiving payment.

Thanks.

@Aaron E wrote:

Thanks but I already knew that. I just wanted to know if the client had already paid. She already approved my work and said she loved it so why is it still "in review"? 

I also wanted some advice on whether I did the right thing to give my work (not watermarked) before receiving payment.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you worked hourly and used the tracker correctly.

If the answer is yes, you will automatically get paid.

Client has until Friday to review your work (even though the client approved your work and was happy).

On Saturday, it will move to "Pending", and (next) Wednesday, it will become available.

You can review Upwork's Weekly Billing Cycle to understand it better.

Hello Aaron,

Your client will be automatically billed according to the weekly billing cycle. Your client will have 5 days to review your work. If the client didn't file a dispute for the time tracked using the time tracker within the review period, your earnings will move to the Pending phase and will be released on wednesday. Thank you.

Untitled
jefframlee
Community Member

Fixed rate projects don't go under review. They go straight to "Pending" when the client has authorised the release of payment from escrow. This is most likely because they already have 14 days to review submitted work BEFORE agreeing to complete the transaction.

However, hourly rate jobs ALWAYS go to the "Review" stage before "Pending".

Provided you tracked and completed your tasks correctly - you have payment protection.

The week ends on the Sunday. You have the Monday to review and make changes to your work diary. The client has until Friday to review and make any disputes.

Then you get automatically paid on the second Wednesday after that working week. So a good way to think about it - you always work a week in hand.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths