cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Have Some Questions

Kimberly S Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
1 of 3

I am new to Upwork and I have read the forum about what to look for as far as cautions but still have some questions.  I have had a few clients send me an invitation for work.  They are asking me to create an account with google and call them through Google Hangouts.  Is this a normal routine?  Also, I read one caution to be aware of is the client not having their payment method verified.  In your experince, do you ever interview or accecpt a job where the payment method has not been verified?  It looks like there is a lot of support in the community discussions and am interested in what others have to say about my questions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Ignore anyone asking you to go to Google Hangouts.  It's 99% a scam.

To your other question, a lot of us have no problem chatting with a client whose payment method isn't verified. However, we don't actually begin any work on a contract until that step has been taken.  Often, verification can take a couple of days so it's okay for the client to set that process in motion while you talk about the job.

Kimberly S Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
3 of 3

Thank you so much.  I am not just new to Upwork, but to freelancing in general.  I appreciate you responding to me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS