🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Having a hard time getting hired.
Page options
grey_sheryl
Community Member

Having a hard time getting hired.

I am a new freelancer. I have sent out multiple proposals, and none have been accepted yet. Can someone more experienced please take a look at my profile and tell me if something is wrong with it? I have tried to make it as complete as possible, but I did not fill out the previous employment section because my previous employment was a very long time ago. I have including a summary of this previous work experience in all of my proposal cover letters, so it's not like potential clients don't know about my experience. I have been a stay-at-home mom for several years now, and I'm trying to get back to work, but I'm finding it very difficult. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone has on what I could do differently. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
m_sharman
Community Member

HI there! 

Closing those first few jobs, once you weed out the spam, is challenging! 

I checked your profile, and I would consider making it a bit shorter and with a bit more personality. You are selling yourself as a copywriter, however the text was a bit "flat" to me.

Also, what helps me get interviews is keeping the proposal very brief and including a project approach, so the client understands how I will guide them through the project. In my experience, particularly with lower budget projects, the clients want to move quickly!

Good luck!

Miriam

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths