🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Having troubles verifying location for jobs.
Page options
ihsmendez
Community Member

Having troubles verifying location for jobs.

I first started with submitting my photo ID (driver's licence) and that failed multiple times saying that my name on my ID does not match my name on upwork. They do in fact match, on my ID card it includes my middle name and for some reason my name doesn't read out from left to right, my name on my id is like the picture that i've linked. 

Under the signature it says

"

Sample

Hayley

"

Mine is like this:

"

Sample

Hayley middle-name

"

I feel like this might throw off the auto-detection of IDs? Upwork has not asked for my middle name either so of course it isn't going to verify.

With all that being said I've reached out to customer support and they had me do a different method where I uploaded my DL and my debt card (Visa) with my name (and middle initial); also, I blocked all but my last 4 digits of my card number on that photo. I just got an email saying "We had an issue verifying your identity information."... 

I have no idea what to do next. I litterally have no other proof showing that I live here. I live with my mother at the moment so her name is on everything so I can't provide a statement that has MY name on it. I could provide an electricity bill that has HER name on it (same last name) but that's the best that I can do. I also have pay stubs from my job that I could send but I think that's all that I can provide. I really hope that I can get this solved because it's inhibiting me from applying to different jobs.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths