🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello, I am New in upwork, Can anyone please...
Page options
leasermarc
Community Member

Hello, I am New in upwork, Can anyone please review my profile and suggest me what should I do to i

Hello,
I am new in upwork, Can anyone please review my profile and suggest me what should I do to improve my profile, as I am not getting the job to invite and if i send proposals, not getting a response from clients. Please suggest improvement for my profile and also suggest the best way to submit the proposal

Thanks
Marc

7 REPLIES 7
mtngigi
Community Member

I would suggest that the work in your portfolio is actual projects you have done, not images pulled from Wordpress themes or design templates.

Also, if you're in Florida, how can you be an hour behind Colorado?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Marc Andrew L wrote:

Hello,
I am new in upwork, Can anyone please review my profile and suggest me what should I do to improve my profile, as I am not getting the job to invite and if i send proposals, not getting a response from clients. Please suggest improvement for my profile and also suggest the best way to submit the proposal

Thanks
Marc

I am confused. Are the portfolio pieces actual work you have done for clients, or have you put them together just to show your skills (which is fine, they don't have to be paid work, as long as you own them.) In your profile you imply they were prior work, but that does not ring true as the texts are nonsensical. So what is it?

Your profile summary line says:

"SEO Expert | Wordpress | Graphic Design"

These are three unrelated fields.

I recommend focusing on ONE area, rather than promoting yourself as someone who is a mediocre practitioner of 3 separate, overly-abundant and uninteresting skills.

Thank You for your reply, I will change it soon and write it myself. 

Marc Andrew L wrote:

so much to say and cannot say it here

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Marc Andrew L wrote:

so much to say and cannot say it here

No worries, it's being said elsewhere ... hopefully in time to be effective.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marc,

Our team will contact you directly to share more details and clarify the Upwork ToS.

We've removed a few posts from this thread which were in violation of our Community Guidelines and I'm closing the thread for further comments. Thank you for your participation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths