🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Hello People of Upwork !
Page options
c52c04e2
Community Member

Hello People of Upwork !

Hi there i have been on upwork for almost a week now i made bids for several projects related to my expertise and skills probably over 20 offers but i still havent recieved a single response back from any of the clients is this normal for a new freelancer ? please let me know what i can do to grab a few starting projects that can give me a push . 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Salman,

Please follow the TIPS below and if you have any specific questions, let me know. Have a great day!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
williamtcooper
Community Member

Salman,

Please follow the TIPS below and if you have any specific questions, let me know. Have a great day!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Thank you very much for the nice solution i am pretty sure that is going to make a difference for me .How ever i am also concerned about my profile verification status as i cannot find the menu in the setting where i can upload my govt id to get a verification check that might be helpful in gaining the clients trust ,can you also assist me on that so that i can get my profile updated ?

Salman,

If you are having more of a technical issue, do a Upwork Google search for the information and if you still can't fix, then click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths