🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello upworkers i´m brand new here!
Page options
kimm90
Community Member

Hello upworkers i´m brand new here!

okay so i guess my title says it all, i really don´t know too much about Upwork yet or freelancing in general so let’s try.
My name is Kim born and raised in Norway and I’m a freelancer currently located in Spain, I’ve worked myself through several skillsets from multiple languages to cyber security and graphic design and are now trying to launch a freelance career so I can keep continuing with my passion which is rescuing abandoned dogs and other animals which is in need of care or a new home.
In my everyday life I’m working in a farm to keep a roof over my head taking care of the daily duties around the farm to keep things going from day to day.
Why would a guy with computer background do that you are probably asking yourself? as many people are asking me
I’ll tell you that right now.
It’s because that’s exactly what i want and that’s the only reason I need to do what I’m passionate about and it makes me feel so free and allows me to spread the happiness and joy about life that I feel to everyone around me.
So enough about me.
As mentioned above i am new to Upwork and I’ve done everything I can think of to present myself well for eventual possible clients but I have not been able to catch 1 client this far.
So i was wondering if any of you experienced upworkers had any tips up your sleeves that you were willing to share with me?
In advance thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2
emiguelina
Community Member

Kim M wrote:

okay so i guess my title says it all, i really don´t know too much about Upwork yet or freelancing in general so let’s try.

In advance thank you so much!

First, welcome! and last but not least take some time to read about how Upwork operates, here some links:

Getting Started on Upwork and Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

This way, you can start with the right foot!

Thank you so much for your tips, it was really helpful and i will get reading immedeatly!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths