🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello , want to get approved :)
Page options
mozewa
Community Member

Hello , want to get approved :)

Hello my loved communting, My name is mohammed and I'm journalist and expert content writer, i saw a lot of refusing here, so i'm sharing this post to discuss my exprience and to approve my profile

with all love and i hope not to be refused 🙂

wanna share my magazines and newspapers pervious experience here and make the best work for every single client

Thank you ♥

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

@Mohamed G wrote:

I'm journalist and expert content writer, i saw a lot of refusing here, so i'm sharing this post to discuss my exprience and to approve my profile

I think you might want to completely rethink your profile.

kat303
Community Member

@Mohamed G wrote:

Hello my loved communting, My name is mohammed and I'm journalist and expert content writer, i saw a lot of refusing here, so i'm sharing this post to discuss my exprience and to approve my profile

with all love and i hope not to be refused 🙂

wanna share my magazines and newspapers pervious experience here and make the best work for every single client

Thank you ♥

Your profile is full of capitalization, grammatical and punctuation errors. A client isn't going to hire you after they see all that.

mozewa
Community Member

I will check my grammitical problems now 🙂

but please tell me your opinion about my experience, education, protfolio and the overview 🙂

thank you

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

This is from your profile:

"Expert Blog, Content, E-books Writer & Editor"

"I was fresh graduated and had to have a work, so the magazine opened arms high and took me to work for here , i will never forget how much experience i had there"

"so my time was like back and forth to enhance my skills in content writing and editing and even increasing my English self skills like editing, spelling, proofreading. and we still learning every day"

"I also volunteered and worked before in A lot of E-books if you are interested to get high revenue from selling your shiny E-book, you need always someone to check that your content or book are out of plagiarism and has it's 100% clean content, So Don't hesitate and use The 6 year major experience freelancer" "Be one of the most successful content or blog owners and call me for your High quality new content. Great Love M. Gamal"

You are charging 25% more per hour than I charge. If the marketplace indeed holds clients who will pay you that sum, I am happy to know it, and I will be raising my own rates immediately, as I am confident that my own English-language writing and editing skills are (shall we say?) at least on a par with yours. In fact, I flatter myself that I write English at a much more proficient level than that I see in your post and profile.

Since you specifically asked about approval/your profile, perhaps I am allowed to offer this mild opinion without being scolded too severely by the forum Moderators:

Your command of English is not even close to "Native/Bilingual" level. Your English is rough and choppy. Your punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure need serious attention.

ETA:  You also asked about your portfolio. It is breathtakingly bad. These are just a few gems from the very first few lines of the "Starbucks" entry:

"They opened a little shop and started offering crisp roasted, gourmet espresso beans and blending and simmering adornments." 

"the Unified States" (Are you CERTAIN that you want to offer your services as a proofreader? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that you'll be embarrassed when even your least savvy clients know that it's "United States," and not "Unified States.")

"There is additionally a fine determination of teas from organic product flavors to Lord Dark and a decision of hot chocolates." (Seriously? You speak "Native" English????)

mozewa
Community Member

Ok, I fixed a lot of the grammatical, punctuation and Capilization errors, so please check out my profile again, and also I decreased my rate and I made it reliable.

mozewa
Community Member

oh, that's nice of you to make me look again on my language, so I will delete this file because I forgot it has a lot of errors.

I will double check my language and my profile again

Thank you, and I removed the proofreading skill.

mozewa
Community Member

blending and simmering adornments. is sort of coffee mix techniques  🙂

mozewa
Community Member

I integrated more vocabulary improvements and I checked up my full language errors,
I think that the profile is shining now 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

@Mohamed G wrote:

I integrated more vocabulary improvements and I checked up my full language errors,
I think that the profile is shining now 🙂

Mohamed, unless there is a market for writing in your native language this will end badly. Your English is not "fluent" any more than it is "native / bilingual." It's barely conversational and certainly nowhere near good enough to expect any client to pay for the word-salad you produce (see your portfolio.)

It's all very well for people to help you correct some of the mistakes on your profile, but when it comes to doing the work you won't have that help and it'll end in tears.

mozewa
Community Member

Yes, you're totally right but I wrote fast profile information, and I came back to fix it all 😄

in matter effect, I was emphasized to get accepted first and make some editing later but my strategy was bad and I took the first bad impression of you

but thank you at all for your Advice 🙂

mozewa
Community Member

Additionally, I filtered my portfolio, and I deleted the old stuff which contains a lot of mistakes and confusion (that's because I was a beginner), sorry for my ignorance of how the market works, and I will try to make my best 🙂

reinierb
Community Member

@Mohamed G wrote:

Additionally, I filtered my portfolio, and I deleted the old stuff which contains a lot of mistakes and confusion (that's because I was a beginner), sorry for my ignorance of how the market works, and I will try to make my best 🙂

I'm sorry to say that the latest iteration of your profile can hardly be called an improvement over the original. As someone else said, you really, really need to rethink your profile, portfolio pieces, and perhaps your idea of what it takes to be a successful freelance writer, as well. 

mozewa
Community Member

I can delete all my portfolio if it has problems because it's old when I get started really, but my profile now is written good and I'm ready to do a sample for you to prove my English skills ^^

mozewa
Community Member

I would be happy if you could just specify your notes about my profile away from my old portfolio (will be deleted).

petra_r
Community Member

@Mohamed G wrote:

1) ... but my profile now is written good and

2) ...I'm ready to do a sample for you to prove my English skills ^^

1) No, it's not. It's not even your fault, you just lack the necessary English skills.

2) No need. Every one of your posts is a sample of your (lack of) English skills.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths