🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello
Page options
irdjan
Community Member

Hello

Hello im new here. Im working in a project hour weekly limit, manual add hour. Should i open time tracker for the payment? Thank you for the help
4 REPLIES 4
pak2army
Community Member

Use upwork time tracker software to track the work. You can also add manuall time through upwork work log history but client have to choice to approve or disapprove the manuall time entries. So best option is to use the time tracker becuase it is secured and guaranteed by upwork. 

BTW if you trust your client then you can add manual hour entries as well.

irdjan
Community Member

Thank u for the answer. Can i work with tracker and manual in the same time

Irdjan N wrote:

Irdjan N wrote:

Not for the same time-frame, if that's what you mean. For example the time between 2 and 3 p.m. is 1 hour, and you can't clock 1 hour with the time tracker and add 1 hour manually to it. 

You should definitely record your time with the time tracker, so that your client can see that you are working on his project. Use manual hours only for exceptions, they are not protected and when the client disputes them you lose.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you use manual time, log iit each day and include activity memos. You have until 12:00 noon UTC on Monday to add/change hrs for the previous week. The client has until Friday to question or challenge any of the logged hours. If all is well, after Friday the funds move from 'in review' to 'pending' and then become available for withdrawal the following Wednesday.

I only use manual logging on hourly contracts BUT I start out slow with new clients, until we establish strong mutual trust. With a new client, I never log more hours in a week than I could abandon without calamity.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths