🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Help! My phone number is associated with ...
Page options
77bc0f0f
Community Member

Help! My phone number is associated with an old account.

I used to have a account, but I closed it. That was a little over a year ago if memory serves me correctly. I'm back and I would like to open a new account. The issue is step 11, with my phone number. It appears that my phone number is tied to the old account. I need to have my phone number stripped from the old account since it was formally closed, so that I am able to use it for this new account. I am not looking to reactivate the old account, so kindly do not offer that as a solution. Please strip my phone number from the old Account so that I may use it for this new account which has all of my relevant information.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Angela B wrote:

I used to have a account, but I closed it. That was a little over a year ago if memory serves me correctly. I'm back and I would like to open a new account. The issue is step 11, with my phone number. It appears that my phone number is tied to the old account. I need to have my phone number stripped from the old account since it was formally closed, so that I am able to use it for this new account. I am not looking to reactivate the old account, so kindly do not offer that as a solution. Please strip my phone number from the old Account so that I may use it for this new account which has all of my relevant information.

Even if you don't want to hear it, your only possible solution is to activate the old account, as a person is only allowed to have one account, ever. A moderator will help you to do that, I'll flag your post. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Angela,

I would like to clarify that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS.
Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don’t remember the details of my old account.

Hi Angela,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket on the account you`re currently using and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths