🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Help! Not getting hired or even interviewed. ...
Page options
nomanhardworker
Community Member

Help! Not getting hired or even interviewed. (My Profile is Public)

My name is Noman and I am a web Developer and I also have many other skills to work on Upwork. The problem is that I am not getting hired on Upwork from the clients even I am not getting interviewed. I have just hired only two times in the last two months and they left reviews on my profile also. But these two reviews are not enough to letting know to the most buyers that they should hire me.  I think the buyer hires a freelancer who has maximum reviews on his profile that I think. But my question is that what newbies freelancer should do to get hired? Because they dont have reviews on their profile, If they have then that are a few revies like one OR two and the buyer says that you don't have enough reviews to be get hired.  I even have a few tests passed on my profile and having a certificate of google on my profile.

These are the problems that I am facing since I have started the journey on Upwork. I only wanted to know that what should I do to get hired for more times. I am applying to every job that is related to my skills but still not getting hired even not getting interviewed for the job. Atleast the buyer should interview me. 

Sorry for the long text but I need to know the solutions of these problems. Any help and advice will be appreciated. Thank you for reading my problems.

Regards,

Noman.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Muhammad N wrote:

Thanks for the reply Dear,

You said well, actually you are right and I should do the same as you said. And I offer them the lowest price with showing them the benefits of working with me to the clients. But still they don't even message me that they need my work OR not. The problem is only that the clients are not interviewing me. That is the problem. I am applying to the jobs which jobs are related to my skills and in which I am best. 

By the way your advice is help ful for me. I will follow these instructions.

You might be restricting you own market by using localized greetings and expressions. Consider this is a global marketplace.

If you want to attract clients within your geography/culture only, your approach is fine, of course. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

It's not about using the "shotgun approach" and applying to everything you see. Be selective in what you apply to. Is the budget something you're comfortable with? Are the client's expectations clear? Is it something you feel you can do better than anyone else?

Basically, your profile is only part of the equation. What are you doing to stand out from the crowd? Web developers are a dime a dozen on Upwork, so you need to ask yourself "What do I do that elevates me above the teeming masses?" If you have a good-looking profile, that's a start. But you need to sell it. Your proposal also has to catch the client's attention. Again, they're going to get dozens, if not hundreds of proposals when they're looking for a web developer. You need to show them what makes you worth talking to vs the torrent of proposals promising the world for $5.

To boil it down, Upwork is a market place, but that works in both directions. The client is looking for value, and you need to market yourself in a way that gets their attentinon, but also ensures you can deliver everything you promised. Figure that out, and you're well ahead of the game.

You said well, actually you are right and I should do the same as you said. And I offer them the lowest price with showing them the benefits of working with me to the clients. But still they don't even message me that they need my work OR not. The problem is only that the clients are not interviewing me. That is the problem. I am applying to the jobs which jobs are related to my skills and in which I am best. 

@Muhammad N wrote:

You might be restricting you own market by using localized greetings and expressions. Consider this is a global marketplace.

If you want to attract clients within your geography/culture only, your approach is fine, of course. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths