🐈
» Forums » Support » Help: This number is being used by another ac...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Awesome, thank you!
arlindmusliu
Community Member

I am trying to register my profile, but I can't seem to get the security code to verify my number. I have a valid US number and I've tried a couple times but nothing happens.

Hi Arlind,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
261c9249
Community Member

I had duplicate upwork account and deleted one, tried to update phone number and getting below error message: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n.status')

Hi Bibhuti,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
hkrdesigns
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to fill out the last section of the "getting started" forms. When I enter my phone number, a message comes up saying, "Cannot read property 'status' of undefined."

I have tried clearing cookies and a different internet browser. Please help!

Thank you so much!

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
kristidonlon
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number in my profile. However, when I click "Go to enter code," an error message appears that says, "Cannot read property 'status' of undefined." How do I get past this?

Hi Kristi,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sandyrockind
Community Member

can't verify my phone number

Hi Sandy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
life_bylauren
Community Member

The final step of completing my profile is to verify my phone number. Whenever I enter it, however, I keep getting an error that my phone number is already in use on another account. That shouldn't be possible. 

Hello Lauren,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
efowler6
Community Member

I have the same issue (my phone number comes up as registered to another user). Can you please assist me? 

Thank you!

Hi Elizabeth,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
00tasha
Community Member

I need help. I've tried adding phone number in the creation flow. And I was told it was used in another account so I worked with support to delete the other account and verify this one I was working on. The phone number is still not working.

Hi Natasha,

I'm sorry to hear that. I've escalated your concern and one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
toba-wasfi
Community Member

I have the same issue 

Hi Wasfi,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to verify your phone number. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
zacharytrauger
Community Member

I'm trying to create my account but I'm not receiving the text message verification code.

Hi Zachary,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fikebr
Community Member

I am trying to sign up and I get this error... "This number is being used by another account"

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

re: "Is there any way to resolve this issue?"

Yes.

You will need to work directly with Upwork Customer Support to do that.

- click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

- you may be asked what type of account you need help you

- go ahead and select the best option.

- if you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting the support team.

Hi Brad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hey! I'm having the same issue

Hi Aichatou,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
sammybenjamin
Community Member

Hello. I created a personal account on up work for freelance work and got all the way to the last step, verifying my account with a phone number.

When I type in my phone number, it says that it is being used by another account.

I have a client account through my work, but my phone number is not on it. It is very hard to explain but what happened is; I was using my work account to look at people’s bios to get an idea of how to write one and then I went back to my new freelance account creation page and verified it with my phone number and code but it was “logged out” and stuck on the phone number page since I logged into the other account in a separate tab.

So, I logged back into my new freelance account and it sent me back to the phone number screen even though I had just done it when it was “logged out”. Now, it says that my phone number is already in use even though I used it on the same account, it just didn’t actually work.

Please help me to reset this phone number glitch so I can finish making my account!!!

Hi Sam,

~Andrea
Upwork
df5c03c8
Community Member

Hello, I'm hoping that you can create a ticket for me.  I have used you folks extensively through the years at prior employers so my phone number is tied to one of n number of accounts.

I'm looking to complete verification on a new account and will most likely not have access to the account that is currently using my personal cell.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

~Andrea
Upwork
llfitzgerald
Community Member

phone number is associated with another account... help! I cannot complete profile. I had an account years ago but I do not rememeber username and it states all previous emails are incorrect.

Hi Lori,

~Andrea
Upwork

do you know how or when support will contact me? 

Hi Lori,

I can see that one of our agents reached out to you already. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahsandeveloper12
Community Member

Whenever I go to settings, Upwork sends the code on my mobile phone But I didn't receive a text message verification code not on the Phone and not in EMAIL, Please help me to solve my problem Thank You

Hi Ahsan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jamisonjamison
Community Member

Hi. (Similar to previous posts) I too am encountering issue where I want to use a phone number that is associated to other upwork profiles. I need help to consolidate and clear up these numbers and profiles please..

Thanks

Jamison

Hi Jamison,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
steve_ly
Community Member

Hello - Up account setup it is saying that my phone number is already in use by another account. Can someone please help me with this.

Hi Steve,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths