🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Help! UpWork Accounts!
Page options
andrewandyjo
Community Member

Help! UpWork Accounts!

I created a UpWork account with the idea of starting a new email address for work. However, I realized that I cannot use the email anymore. I would like to change my account back to the email address I was using before. However, it says the email address is already in use. I already added my phone number to the new upwork account and I have forgot the password to the new upwork account and email. Is there anyway you could either close the new account which is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, so I can use this account. Or delete both this account and the account at **Edited for Community Guidelines** and free up **Edited for Community Guidelines** to re-sign up for upwork with that email?

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrew,

Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account, opening more than one account is a violation of our TOS. 

You can reset a password for an account at any time by clicking the Forgot Password hyperlink or following the steps in this Help Article

Could you confirm if you would like to continue with your original account (the one you`ve forgotten your password for) or this one? Once you`ve confirmed this, our team will close the second account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

Sorry, I didn't know how else to talk to somebody. I would like to use this account, in the future!

Sincerely,

Andrew Jo

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for following up. Your account was closed as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths