🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Help me please
Page options
881eb9b0
Community Member

Help me please

I am new to upwork, I encountered many clients who tell me to contact them on telegram, when I contact them, they delete their bids and ask me to pay them a security deposit if i want to work on the project. What should I do? I encountered atleast 5-6 clients like this.

2 REPLIES 2
bilsim
Community Member

Shivanshu J wrote:

I am new to upwork, I encountered many clients who tell me to contact them on telegram, when I contact them, they delete their bids and ask me to pay them a security deposit if i want to work on the project. What should I do? I encountered atleast 5-6 clients like this.

#1 mistake: You contacted them outside Upwork before having an Upwork contract in place (it's against the Upwork terms).

#2 mistake: You failed to identify them as scammers.

#3 mistake: You failed to flag and report them to Upwork.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Shivanshu J wrote:

I am new to upwork, I encountered many clients who tell me to contact them on telegram, when I contact them, they delete their bids

They don't delete their jobs; somebody else flags them as scams and Upwork deletes them.

Are you over 18? Upwork will ask you to verify your identity if you earn any money here, and if you're underage, they'll suspend your account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths