🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Help needed re Approving a milestone
Page options
dc4c649c
Community Member

Help needed re Approving a milestone

Hi there I am trying to find contact details to ask rework a question. I hired someone and have paid for the job but it hasn't gone through to the worker. I have done this twice, I am getting a message saying i need to approve a milestone. I don't know if I have to approve this  I cannot find a button to click on that says approve milestone!  

also nwill she only get the job plus the money I paid once I have approved?

Many thanks

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Sue-Ann, you might try sending your screenshot to the Freelancer, and ask her if she accepted your offer, because it looks like she hasn't, and until she accepts it, she hasn't been hired, so you can't approve any milestones.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yitwail
Community Member

Sue-Ann, you might try sending your screenshot to the Freelancer, and ask her if she accepted your offer, because it looks like she hasn't, and until she accepts it, she hasn't been hired, so you can't approve any milestones.

Community Manager

Hi Sue-Ann, 

John is right. I've checked and you've currently sent two offers to this freelancers, which she is yet to accept. Once she has accepted the offer, the contract will be in place, and you should be able to release milestone payments to her.

~ Avery
Upwork
dc4c649c
Community Member

Thankyou Avery,

each time I sent her  an offer, ( i thought first one didnt go through so did it again), I paid money. I'm finding this platform difficult to understand and navigate

Kind Regards for replying 🙂

dc4c649c
Community Member

She's now accepted first one and done the work but she says she cant see the second one. Shall I go and cancel the second one or just wait for her to  find it?

Thankyou

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sue-Ann, 

I checked your account and it looks like you've cancelled the second offer? 

~ Avery
Upwork
dc4c649c
Community Member

Thankyou Avery, may I also ask you.

When I  started contrAct  and asked the girl to do the work I filled out payment details. Does this the money I paid stays with Upworks until next time? I apologise for for questions if they are so basic 

🙂

Hi Sue,

Yes that is correct, the funds are funded in Escrow until you have released them towards your freelancers. To learn more about fixed price contracts and how it works check out this Help Article. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths