🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Help!,no connects
Page options
heidi23
Community Member

Help!,no connects

Hello,everyone
I'm new here at upwork & I've run out of connects,after checking problems and solutions I realized that If
 a client contact by inviting me to bid or sending me an offer, I won't need to use any connects. My question now is How can I make a client invite me to bid or send an offer.
Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

New freelancers rarely receive invitations from clients, but even if you did, you won't get any free connects that way; you only get free connects if you bid on a project and the client sends you a message, then you respond. You will need to purchase connects if you want to get any jobs here; the system isn't designed to allow unlimited free bidding.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anitareshwal
Community Member

You have to buy connects. After that send proposals to get offers.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

New freelancers rarely receive invitations from clients, but even if you did, you won't get any free connects that way; you only get free connects if you bid on a project and the client sends you a message, then you respond. You will need to purchase connects if you want to get any jobs here; the system isn't designed to allow unlimited free bidding.

yeshel10
Community Member

Hi, Heidi. You will probably have to buy connects. But if you haven't already completed the UpWork Readiness Test, you can pass it now, and get 40 FREE connects.

You can find the test in the "Find Work" tab.

heidi23
Community Member

I passed it already,any more tests Smiley Very Happy

avirockx007
Community Member

Hi Heidi,

Whenever a client invites you that means now you can send him a free proposal it doesn't need any connects. It's totally free of cost. But if you are looking to submit proposals to jobs you see in the feed then you must have connects to do that. Simple! 🙂 Buy some connects from the 0 available connects option & submit proposals to your dream jobs. 😄

Hope it helps you! 🙂

Thanks

Awais N

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths