🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Help with improvment and other stuff
Page options
konluk
Community Member

Help with improvment and other stuff

Hello,

As you can see that I'm new to Upwork. I have submitted 3 proposals so far and received no feedback from them. I realized that there must be something wrong with my profile and how I submit a proposal. 

I would like to have a good advice on improving my profile as you take a look at it. I also would like to find a good example of what a proposal look like depending on jobs being offered.

If you have any questions, then please don't hesitate to ask me any questions. 

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hi Konrad, 

first of all, remove all references to your financial situation. Everybody here wants to earn money, that is a given. It is not professional to mention it. 

99% of your communication here will be in writing, so I would also remove the reason for your preference. 

Add some samples of your work to your portfolio, provided you own the copyrights.

Check out other freelancers that offer the services that you do, and learn from their overviews.

Lastly, don't expect results just from 3 proposals. It can take much longer than that to get your first job offer. 

And look out for scammers trying to get free work or want you to ship boxes somewhere. 

Good luck!

Thank you. I'll remember that it's not professional to mention anything about financial. A portfolio can be used for showing my works. I just recently realized that.

And the last thing is that I know I won't get results from 3 proposals right away but It's just a feeling that I made a few mistakes. Now I know what they are. 

JoanneP

Hi Konrad,

You may also want to check out these help article to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths