🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hey I am new to upwork i completed my first 5...
Page options
salahudin5855
Community Member

Hey I am new to upwork i completed my first 5 jobs with 5 star review and with good comments

Hey Good Day All ,

I Completed my first 5 jobs with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And I Gave Him Project More Then Her Expectations She Always Gave Me 5 Star Reviews in Here Website Design.

But After Her Work Completed I Got Paid Membership with $10/mon 

Now i am not Getting Any Hires From Clients i Don't Know why please anyone guide me!

THanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Salahudin Khan G wrote:

Hey Good Day All ,

I Completed my first 5 jobs with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And I Gave Him Project More Then Her Expectations She Always Gave Me 5 Star Reviews in Here Website Design.

Now i am not Getting Any Hires From Clients i Don't Know why please anyone guide me!

THanks

Be assured that there is no connection between you paying for membership and getting jobs, clients don't see if you are paying or not, and really don't care. 

It's the normal up and down of freelancing, is all. 

But of course, one can always work on one's profile. A snappy headline would be good, and, well, my pet peeve of emphasis on the self-evident. Let me explain: If you were a client, what would you think if a freelancer said in his profile: "I am honest and hardworking. I will not steal your time or your money. I will not defraud your company." You would find that weird, right? It would make you think about stealing and fraud, and you would skip this freelancer as quickly as possible. 

So in short, stating anything that should be taken for granted when dealing with a professional, is unprofessional.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Now I am not getting any hires from clients. I don't know why. Please anyone guide me!"

Your profile is very unfocused. My main tips for getting hired more  would be:

- Focus. Pick one thing that you're really good and and present yourself an expert. (Right now your profile is kind of all over the map and there is nothing there to distinguish you from a hundred thousand other freelancers.)

and also:

- continue to work on your portfolio

Thanks a lot sir I didn't get it have to work on "po" 

What "po" means ? 

Salahudin Khan G wrote:

Thanks a lot sir I didn't get it have to work on "po" 

What "po" means ? 

It could be "Portfolio"

Right I thought the same thnq so much 

Preston H wrote:

re: "Now I am not getting any hires from clients. I don't know why. Please anyone guide me!"

Your profile is very unfocused. My main tips for getting hired more  would be:

- Focus. Pick one thing that you're really good and and present yourself an expert. (Right now your profile is kind of all over the map and there is nothing there to distinguish you from a hundred thousand other freelancers.)

and also:

- continue to work on your po

Preston, you ok? I don't know you stopping mid-word ... 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Salahudin Khan G wrote:

Hey Good Day All ,

THanks

Be assured that there is no connection between you paying for membership and getting jobs, clients don't see if you are paying or not, and really don't care. 

It's the normal up and down of freelancing, is all. 

But of course, one can always work on one's profile. A snappy headline would be good, and, well, my pet peeve of emphasis on the self-evident. Let me explain: If you were a client, what would you think if a freelancer said in his profile: "I am honest and hardworking. I will not steal your time or your money. I will not defraud your company." You would find that weird, right? It would make you think about stealing and fraud, and you would skip this freelancer as quickly as possible. 

So in short, stating anything that should be taken for granted when dealing with a professional, is unprofessional.  

Thanks mam your info is really helpful

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths