🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hi all
Page options
669d663e
Community Member

Hi all

Hi, im new in upwork. Applied to a work but client later messaged me to look for someone else in telegram and closed the job. 
Is that a normal practice or? 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created and active under your My Jobs tab. Additionally, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service, all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as an Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article and this thread to help you stay safe on Upwork. I see that you are new to Upwork so you may want to check our Academy section to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created and active under your My Jobs tab. Additionally, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service, all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as an Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article and this thread to help you stay safe on Upwork. I see that you are new to Upwork so you may want to check our Academy section to help you get started. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi. Brand new to upwork. I recently submitted a proposal and the client has accepted it, and is planning to send me materials very shortly for a rapid-turnaround deliverable. She hasn't turned my proposal into a job yet and I see that 20 other bidders were interviewed. She's also brand new to upwork so I'm not sure what to make of this. Any advice would be appreciated! 

669d663e
Community Member

Hello Nikola, 
Yes, its what i though. I didnt shared any work or data. Will flag the convo.
Thank you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths