🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hi there I'm also new in freelancing and in U...
Page options
fa424821
Community Member

Hi there I'm also new in freelancing and in UpWork

I hope it will turn out into a long-lasting relationship.

I would appreciate any tips on how to start my UpWork journey.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Dushko,

In addition to the Academy, please start with these basic TIPS for your Profile:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
df602768
Community Member

Thank you Konstantinos

williamtcooper
Community Member

Dushko,

In addition to the Academy, please start with these basic TIPS for your Profile:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

Thank you William cheers! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths