🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hire Freelancer
Page options
5fd1140f
Community Member

Hire Freelancer

When I received the freelancer's proposal I hired him and under job/my jobs it shows that I hired one person. But if I select the job for more details it shows that I haven't hired anyone.  So as your help outlines to do, I go back to the freelancer's proposal, View Offer and there's no option to hire him.  There are are option to withdraw or recend the offer. I think it's because I already went through the process of hiring him. Is he hired as the jobs page states or not?  If he isn't hired, then what happened when I went through the hiring process and the job was funded?  And how do I hire him?

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

David L wrote:

When I received the freelancer's proposal I hired him and under job/my jobs it shows that I hired one person. But if I select the job for more details it shows that I haven't hired anyone.  So as your help outlines to do, I go back to the freelancer's proposal, View Offer and there's no option to hire him.  There are are option to withdraw or recend the offer. I think it's because I already went through the process of hiring him. Is he hired as the jobs page states or not?  If he isn't hired, then what happened when I went through the hiring process and the job was funded?  And how do I hire him?

David,

I've flagged your post to get a mod's attention. Hopefully one will be along soon to help you out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Looks like you've successfully sent the offer to the freelancer. They need to accept the offer in order contract to be created. You can share this help article with them for more information on how they can accept your offer.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5fd1140f
Community Member

So why does it say that he has been hired? And where do I get the correct status as opposed to incorrect or conflicting status? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I can see how this causes confusion and I'll be sure to share this with our team for further review. 

Meantime, once you access your active job posting, you'll see that there is one pending offer under it.

Thank you for this valuable feedback! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths