🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Hired a Instagram Virtual Assistant to he...
Page options
2369a2ba
Community Member

Hired a Instagram Virtual Assistant to help me grow my instagram and then it got deactivated

I hired a upwork virtual assistatnt to help me with my instagram they were highly reviewed and made a good amount of money on the platform so I decided to give it a shot. 2 weeks into the work my instagram account got deactivated after I had it for 6 years. Reason being instagram told me I went against their policies. What can I do or what would you guys do I you were in my shoes? I already filed an appeal with instgram but no word. 

10 REPLIES 10
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

The first thing to do is discuss this with your freelancer. Did you notice whether you had an improbable increase in followers within the two weeks since she started working for you?

Is this an hourly contract? If so, you might want to pause it before she logs any more hours. And have you been reviewing the work diary to see what she's been doing?

Keep in mind that this is Upwork, not Instagram. Upwork offers no guarantees about how things will go with the freelancers you hire.

If you are disappointed with the work done by a freelancer, you may end the contract. You may leave appropriate accurate feedback. You may choose to never hire that freelancer again.

Based on the screenshot you shared, you need to communicate with Instagram to resolve this matter. You may or may not want to continue paying this freelancer to help you with your Instagram activities. That is a decision only you can make. Upwork would not be able to help you make that decision.

Andrew, in your position, I would reply to this notification and explain what happened, that you hired an assistant and had no clue they would do anything that violates their policies and that you have parted ways with your assistant and will make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Good luck

In the 2 weeks that she worked for me I saw about 500 increase in followers from 2700 to 3300. Not a crazy increase. She was working hourly making about 80 dollars a week. 

alysegoody
Community Member

Sounds like your freelancer was using third-party software to grow your following. It is almost impossible to contact Instagram in regard to individual accounts. Do you run ads through Instagram/Facebook? If you have you should be able to access their live chat for business support to explain the situation to an actual person. 

What has your freelancer said about it? 

I do not run any ads on Facebook. My freelancer said that she uses 100 perecent organic methods and no thrird party software and the reason she beleives instagram deactivated my account was since is working outside of the country where I always login. She is a top rated freelancer and has made 20k plus on the platform so I trusted her. It really hurts working on your instgram for over 6 years and in under 3 weeks she deactivated it.  

Hi Andrew, 

There is a lot of factors to consider why your Instagram account was deactivated. Common factors are:

*Automation

*Active sessions (IP address)

*Engagement - Make sure comments are not spammy in form and interval for comments should be atleast 2 to 5 mins.

*Follow and unfollow method

*Your account was reported

And lastly, 

*Instagram detects unusual activities.

Hope this make sense. 

It wouldn't have been just the login that flagged your account to Instagram, multiple people can log into the same account anywhere. It would have been the spammy 3rd party software used or in the freelancer's own actions. Have you raised this with the freelancer on their advice to sort? 

787c45df
Community Member

The same thing just happened to me, I had 47K followers. I am wondering if you were able to get your account back yet?
borrisspasky
Community Member

Hi Andrew, what did you have them do for you?  How often were they making followers, likes or comments?  Where they out of US doing work?  Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths