🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hired but no invites
Page options
kimberlylandry
Community Member

Hired but no invites

How can a job have 0 Invites, 0 Unanswered Invites, and 1 Hired? 

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

It takes a few hours for the number of invites to show up.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Unless the job was invitation-only, freelancers can submit proposals without being invited. Most jobs get plenty of proposals without the client having to search for and invite any specific freelancers.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kimberly L wrote:

How can a job have 0 Invites, 0 Unanswered Invites, and 1 Hired? 

Thanks. 

Many clients just post a job and wait for proposals, and never invite anyone. 

But how is it possible to Hire 1 with 0 Invites and 0 Interviews? I'm still trying to figure all this out.  Thanks. 

Kimberly L wrote:

But how is it possible to Hire 1 with 0 Invites and 0 Interviews? I'm still trying to figure all this out.  Thanks. 

I think interviews is when a freelancer answers to an invitation to apply, not when a discussion takes place in messaging after a proposal. So, no invitations, no interviews.

Nope.

It is both when a freelancer answers to an invitation, and when a discussion takes place in Messages after a proposal.

Kimberly L wrote:

On Upwork, once you start chatting with the client after a proposal, it counts as one interview.

When the client sends you an offer and you accept it, it is no longer an interview.

It automatically changes to 1 hired.

You cannot be under the interview count and the hired count at the same time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths