🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hired or not!
Page options
owennobley
Community Member

Hired or not!

How am I suppose to know if am hired if the clients gives work via messages?

7 REPLIES 7
3ctechnologies
Community Member

Rule of thumb: Ask clients to click "hire" against your proposal and escrow the project funds..Thats the only way.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Owen,

During the interview process, in the messages the client will send you an offer for you to review and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You can see any contracts under the 'My jobs'. Please make sure there is a contract in place before you do any work for a client. Please check out this article about how to Work With Clients on Upwork which provides information on all the steps to start working with clients. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. Hope that helps!

~Nina

Thank you for this as I am asked to do work on the messages with no contract in my jobs. so I will then ask for the contract first.

holymell
Community Member

He'll send an offer through Upwork with a green button that says "accept". Make sure the client has funds in escrow before you accept it.

Owen, "via messages": It should look like this

Screenshot 2018-03-01 12.55.02.png

And do not start working until and unless you have the contract AND the client's payment method has been verified. 

Just realized that this was an old thread that popped up for some reason....

The thread popped up because Charlene is awesome and learned something today about contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths