🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hires: 1, interviewing: 1
Page options
51ca7f67
Community Member

Hires: 1, interviewing: 1

Hi, Community! I am new on Upwork. In the job posting, I see hires:1, interviewing: 1. And the client is interviewing me. But I do not get any notification about the contract yet.

10 REPLIES 10
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Daniel C wrote:

Hi, Community! I am new on Upwork. In the job posting, I see hires:1, interviewing: 1. And the client is interviewing me. But I do not get any notification about the contract yet.

He has hired someone else, but might want more than 1 person for the task. The interview stat is not updated instantenously. 

I'm confused as to what the data is on the 'Activity on this job" part on the bottom of a job description. I attached one here.

Here's what I think, please let me know if I am wrong:

Proposals (10-15) ==>The number of proposals the client received for the position

Hires (1) ==> Does this mean they are hiring that amount of people or that they've already hired them?

Interviewing  (3) ==> Does this mean they plan on interviewing 3 people or they have already chosen the three people they want to interview?

invites sent (0) ==> Is this the amount of outstanding invites they have to try to interview someone?

Unanswered invites (0) ==>The number of invites sent minus the people who have responded

Are all my assumptions correct? If so, then is it not a good idea to make a proposal if they are already interviewing 3 people?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You were right about some things. Let me clarify.

Proposals (x-x) - Yes, this is the number of proposals the client received for the job post.

Hires (x) - This is the number of freelancers that the client already hired for the job post.

Interviewing (x) - This is the number of freelancers that the client is currently interviewing.

Invites sent (x) - The number of invitations the client sent to freelancers to apply for the job post.

Unanswered invites (x) - The number of invites the client sent, but the freelancers didn't follow up on the invite yet.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for the response. 

I have one last question, is there a way to find out how many freelancers the client is going to hire for the job? If the hires are "1", and the job is still listed, does that mean the client is hiring at least one more person for the job? Because if the client has hired one person already, would the listing be removed if the client was not hiring an additional person.

re: "I have one last question, is there a way to find out how many freelancers the client is going to hire for the job?"

Clients can indicate a number of freelancers they want to hire when the post a job.

That number may be accurate. It may not be.

The client may end up hiring nobody.

The client may end up hiring more people than he planned.

I always choose "1 freelancer", even when I plan to hire more. I have hired over 10 freelancers for a single job that had "1 freelancer" stated.

re: "If the hires are '1', and the job is still listed, does that mean the client is hiring at least one more person for the job?"

Yes, it could mean that. But that might not be the case.

re: "Because if the client has hired one person already, would the listing be removed if the client was not hiring an additional person."

Personally, I always take down the job posting as soon as I am done hiring people. But some clients might not be as conscientious about this.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

There is not a way to see how many freelancers the client wishes to hire. However, when a client hires someone, they are asked if they are done hiring for that job or not. So, if the job is still open, they may still be looking for candidates.

Cheers,
Mike

Does ''Hires (x)'' mean that the job is canceled?
So am I no longer allowed to bid on it?

ismail-iyad
Community Member

If the job activity was: (Interviewing: 1), and the client is interviewing me but no contract yet. Does it mean that the client is currently interviewing another freelancer, or is it only me?

Iyad:

That "interviewing: 1" probably refers to you.

But: those stats are not updated instantaneously... so you can't know with 100% certainty if they are up to date or accurate.

Personally:

If I am being interviewed by a client... if I am under consideration... then that is between me and the client. At that point I don't pay any attention to those stats. If the client is simultaneously talking to other freelancers, that is fine. I actively encourage clients to talk to multiple freelancers and to hire multiple freelancers. I work on a lot of relatively large projects and it is better to have more than one freelancer on the team.

b73f5cdf
Community Member

Hello!
Can it be that the client just forgot to take down the job after hiring someone? Or there's a chance to spend your connections for nothing if there are already 1 or more hires but the job is still on the listing?
Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths