🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hires Number?
Page options
f1785f8c
Community Member

Hires Number?

Hi! I'm Malcolm,

Should I be applying for jobs that have a hires number of more than zero in the activity on this job section?

It looks like it's stating that the client has already hired someone, but the job is still listed.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Malcolm,

Some clients may need more than one freelancer to help them complete the job, so they keep their job posts open even after hiring someone. You can either skip these jobs or submit a proposal if you think you fit the skills and experience required. 

I also noticed that you hadn't uploaded a photo of yourself in your profile picture. Please know that it should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders, clearly showing your face. You may want to check out this section in the Upwork Academy for more information on how you can create your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Malcolm,

Some clients may need more than one freelancer to help them complete the job, so they keep their job posts open even after hiring someone. You can either skip these jobs or submit a proposal if you think you fit the skills and experience required. 

I also noticed that you hadn't uploaded a photo of yourself in your profile picture. Please know that it should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders, clearly showing your face. You may want to check out this section in the Upwork Academy for more information on how you can create your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths