🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hiring Doubts
Page options
4da792cb
Community Member

Hiring Doubts

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to upwork - I have proposed over 20 posts + bought 60 connects which are almost over.. still no hire.. Am I going wrong somewhere?

I have always physically interacted with clients - this is my first time doing Business Development online.

4 REPLIES 4
5085ef62
Community Member

Hi Priyanka!
Your concern about not getting any job replies from your clients is the main reason the job you select to bid on , and the cover letter you use it for your clients to get them intrested here are some tips which may help you getting a new job.
Tips:
1. Always look for the jobs that have client's payment method verified.
2.look out client history did ge worked with freelancers if so Upwork will show the States in the clients History you will also be able to see the jobs that Client have posted so far.
3.write a short, precise, to the point and very interesting cover letter starting with client's job deatils.
4.Atleast Ask two to three questions about the job details this will push the clients attention towards your proposal as the client would know you are intrested.
5.Boom 💥 You got an interview invitation.
Try Out i always follow these steps to get a new job.
Best Regards:
Muhammad Sahil
alexis-arinze
Community Member

I love that you value yourself highly but $180/hr is a little high when you don't have Upwork contracts, or even a portfolio, to back the price up. I'd set it lower if I were you.

JoanneP

Hi Priyanka,

I can understand that it can be frustrating when you don't win jobs right away. It may take some time especially if you are just starting. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Priyanka G wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to upwork - I have proposed over 20 posts + bought 60 connects which are almost over.. still no hire.. Am I going wrong somewhere?

I have always physically interacted with clients - this is my first time doing Business Development online.

1. Your headline is too valuable to waste it on what you are a founder of. Nobody cares about a company they never heard of. 

2. Anything that implies visuals, and even if not, requires proof or your abilities in your portfolio. Without that, you are just wasting connects. 

3. What can you do so much better than your competition that justifies your rate? Have you researched your competition at all?

4. Your picture is really good. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths