🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hiring Manager wants to have his own banking ...
Page options
ggaran1925
Community Member

Hiring Manager wants to have his own banking information to pay freelance hired by Client

Sounds confusing, However, the hiring manager wants to have his own banking information so that he can only pay me using his banking account. Is that possible? Because I don't want to end my contract and start a new contract with the hiring manager as a new client.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gretchel G wrote:

Sounds confusing, However, the hiring manager wants to have his own banking information so that he can only pay me using his banking account. Is that possible? Because I don't want to end my contract and start a new contract with the hiring manager as a new client.

It depends how important your upwork account is to you. If you agree to this, you will get suspended. 

Why would the upwork be suspended if VA will still be working in Upwork.
The hiring manager (the clients father) just wants the Va to be on a
different banking details because he is technically the client too and
wants to use his bank to pay VA that is assigned to him. The client that
hired the VA originally is the son So the hiring manager (fathers client)
now knows how to use upwork and was wondering if there is a way how can
they switch banking details to for the Va that is assigned to the hiring
manager. They hired 3 Va and 1 Va is for the hiring manager (The fathers
client)
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gretchel,

As long as the payment method your client wishes to use is added to the account you were hired by, they can choose to send payments to you with that payment method. By splitting their balance they could pay other contracts using one payment method, and send payments to you using a different one. Please check out this help article for more info and feel free to share it with your client.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths