🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hiring account closed?
Page options
thomassolution
Community Member

Hiring account closed?

I opened an account to hire an Video editor earlier this week for some Poker related video Content. I received an email that the account was closed due to a scam?

I am unsure what about the ad classified it as a scam, We posted an invite only ad searching for a person with Poker expeirence for a short video edit, with a one time price of $50. I never sent out an invoice as my employer wanted to verify the ad before we put it out live. The account was closed in less then 24 hours with an auto generated email stating the account was scam account.

Where or how do I contact support directly find out what about my ad was flagged. I was made aware that my employer already had an account for our website made, so that may have been a reason, but I need verification before we can attempt to repost the ad to prevent my employers account from being removed the same way. (I was unaware of the employers accounts existence already, and have since been added as an authorized user)

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address your account status or provide details here in the Community. Please, refer to the notification the team sent you about the suspension.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths