🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Hiring for a single week
Page options
af593bb2
Community Member

Hiring for a single week

Hey!

Am trying to hire a freelance for a weeks work (10 hours only). I was asked for an hourly rate and I was asked for a weely limit but not for the amount of weeks or for my total amount of hours !

I would like to define the project as a single week gig (at the moment) but it looks like my billing will renew weekly. How can I define the project as not only 10 hours weekly, but also 10 hours in total ! I do not want the freelancer to work an additional week or for the project to continue beyone this week. 

Any assistance is highly appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shay,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to limit the contract for how many days the freelancer can work. 
However, once the work is done (after one week) you can pause the contract. The contract will still be open but the freelancer will not be able to track any additional hours.

If the work is completed fully you can end the contract, this way they will still not be able to track their time under the contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shay,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to limit the contract for how many days the freelancer can work. 
However, once the work is done (after one week) you can pause the contract. The contract will still be open but the freelancer will not be able to track any additional hours.

If the work is completed fully you can end the contract, this way they will still not be able to track their time under the contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Shay, you can pause a contract at any time. You can also CLOSE a contract at any time.

So you can easily limit a freelancer to working only one week, or working only one day, or even only one hour.

Upwork places no limit on when you can manually end a contract.

Thanks!

Thanks very much for the quick reply !

Thank you very much for your quick response !

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths