🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hiring freelancers while being an exclusive a...
Page options
42fe97fe
Community Member

Hiring freelancers while being an exclusive agency member

Hello.

I work exclusively for agency, but have personal project for which I'm going to hire someone without intervention of my managers.

If I'll create a Client company as described here, will this action be visible for agency managers? Will I be able (in client mode) to communicate and pay other freelancers privately from agency where I currently work?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ostfor,

We're sorry about the confusion on our end. To clarify, you can create a Client profile on your current account and your hiring and payment activities there will be private, and only you and the hired freelancer/s will have access to the contract details and related communication. Once created, you'll be able to switch from your Agency to the Client profile by clicking on your photo in the upper-right corner.

Please follow the steps shared in this Help article and let us know if you have any questions or need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ostfor,

Unfortunately no, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them here. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the answer. Does this mean that there is no option to privately hire someone while working exclusively for agency since creating separate account seems illegal too?

I think that "exclusive" part of your agency is the part where you're not allowed to hire outside of it. I could be mistaken, but I did consult Merriam Webster, which has this to say about the word "exclusive":

1. Reserved for particular persons.
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ostfor,

We're sorry about the confusion on our end. To clarify, you can create a Client profile on your current account and your hiring and payment activities there will be private, and only you and the hired freelancer/s will have access to the contract details and related communication. Once created, you'll be able to switch from your Agency to the Client profile by clicking on your photo in the upper-right corner.

Please follow the steps shared in this Help article and let us know if you have any questions or need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths