🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Hourly Contracts
Page options
b7d66863
Community Member

Hourly Contracts

Hi,

Recently i was working on an hourly contract, i just finished my tasks and logged them as manual hours.

Now the job is done, should i ask the client to close the contract and leave me a feedback or should i wait till the hours are sent to the client for review Sunday night ?

Appreciate your replies,
Youssef 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is correct.

I ask clients to close contacts when work is done.

No work is lost. The timing of when clients are billed and when freelancers are paid is NOT changed. Hourly contracts are billed and paid out on a weekly schedule. Does not matter if the contract is open or closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

If the job is done, I want the contract to be closed as soon as possible.

You should NOT wait until Sunday night.

There is nothing to be gained by doing so.

The client is able to view your work diaries at any time. She does not need to wait to be sent an automated note from Upwork. Moreover, she may have no interest in reviewing your work diaries. If she has received the work you did for her, she may simply look at the total amount billed, be appreciative of your work, and close the contract while providing feedback.

There's no time like the present.

Thank you Preston for you reply !

So when i the contract is closed, the work in progress won't be lost and the client would be charged at later point !?

That is correct.

I ask clients to close contacts when work is done.

No work is lost. The timing of when clients are billed and when freelancers are paid is NOT changed. Hourly contracts are billed and paid out on a weekly schedule. Does not matter if the contract is open or closed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths