🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly Payment Not Received
Page options
lawyerharsh
Community Member

Hourly Payment Not Received

Hi everyone,

My name is Harsh and I am new to upwork. This week I had taken an hourly work opportunity. It was just a one hour work. But since I didn't know about the upwork desktop app, I couldn't record those hours. After sending the work to the client, when I requested him for payment, he said that he had already made the payment but that I have to take it by time. Unfortunately, now he has ended the contract and I still haven't received my payment. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2a05aa63
Community Member

As you didn't track your time and closed the contract, you cannot add it anymore. The client would need to create a new contract and send that payment manually as a bonus.
Do you have nothing in "Pending" on the report page?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
2a05aa63
Community Member

As you didn't track your time and closed the contract, you cannot add it anymore. The client would need to create a new contract and send that payment manually as a bonus.
Do you have nothing in "Pending" on the report page?

prestonhunter
Community Member

Harsh:

Lots of good news here.

One bit of good news is you only worked for one hour.

So if you don't get paid for that hour?

Well, that's a lot better than not getting paid for 40 hours of work, right?

The other bit of good news is that this is all your fault.

That's good because it means that next time you have ALL THE POWER.

You can choose to log our time properly, and then you will get paid.

If you have already sent one message asking for payment, then you are done.

Send no more messages, and don't worry about this particular project again.

If you haven't sent a message yet, then you may send one message. (To send any more than that would mean that you are harming yourself psychologically by obsessing about something that you can't obtain.)

NOTE:
If you ever had a contract with a client in the past few months, the client can send you a bonus EVEN IF THE CONTRACT IS CLOSED. So it would not be necessary for a client to create a new contract strictly for the purpose of sending you a bonus payment. The client can do that by navigating to the closed contract and clicking on the Three Dots icon.

Here is the message you may send if you have not done so already, and if you are CERTAIN that there is no pay pending (MAKE SURE you did not already log time and that the client has not already paid you):

"Allan:
Thank you for the opportunity to work on your project. I am new to Upwork and didn't know that I was supposed to log time. If you could use the client-side 'Send bonus' tool to send me one hour's of pay, which is $11.00, then I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Harsh."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths