🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly Project Payout
Page options
paromagic
Community Member

Hourly Project Payout

Hi there! I am new to Upwork & still figuring out.

I understand that hourly projects are paid on a weekly basis. Can you please help me understand how it works?

I have completed a task this week : it was writing a business article. It has got approved by the client & he told me that payment will be done by Upwork on a weekly basis. But I still dont see any payment on my account.

Can you please explain what to expect?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paromita,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. If you have hours logged this week, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday the week after. You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Work in progress tab. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Easy.

Look here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

All your money is tracked there.

If you don't see your money there, then the money is already in your financial account, or you made a big mistake somewhere along the line.

petra_r
Community Member

@Paromita G wrote:

I have completed a task this week : it was writing a business article. It has got approved by the client & he told me that payment will be done by Upwork on a weekly basis. But I still dont see any payment on my account.

Can you please explain what to expect?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paromita,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. If you have hours logged this week, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday the week after. You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work are currently in the Work in progress tab. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths