🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly protection
Page options
kathy_moir
Community Member

Hourly protection

My client is struggling to pay for my hours billed - the card bounced (again). Am I protected with the hourly protection service fee we pay? i.e. will I still be paid by upwork, though the client hasn't paid?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Kathy M wrote:

My client is struggling to pay for my hours billed - the card bounced (again). Am I protected with the hourly protection service fee we pay? i.e. will I still be paid by upwork, though the client hasn't paid?

Only if you used Upwork's hourly tracker system, not if you agreed to manual hours. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Kathy M wrote:

Only if you used Upwork's hourly tracker system, not if you agreed to manual hours. 

That's an interesting situation. And not a situation that you want to be in as a freelancer.

I am mercenary enough to radically re-arrange my priorities and focus on working for my clients whose payments actually go through.

If a client has had her payments to me fail, then she might want to demonstrate her ability to pay by sending me advance payments through Upwork's "Pay Bonus" tool, and letting me make sure that they clear, before I do any further work.

Brilliant, thanks! I did use it...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths