🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly rates and hours logged
Page options
320c3921
Community Member

Hourly rates and hours logged

I am new to Upwork but I can understand it. However, I have worked for 16.65 hours for my client after adding up all of my time. I have a rate of 20 dollars per hour, I understand there is a fee with it but what I don't understand is how come my transaction history says I am only getting paid for 3 hours and 30 minutes of my work instead of the full 16?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blaine,

You can check the status of your payment by clicking on the 'Reports' tab and then clicking on 'Overview', funds for your work this week are currently in the Work in progress tab. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
320c3921
Community Member

So will this money amount increase afterwards? Because this doesn't add up
correctly.

Hi Blaine,

For hourly contracts, the hours you log will be automatically invoiced to your client. Please check out the link that Bojan shared for more information on how the weekly billing cycle works. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths