🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hours not appear in my profile !
Page options
abdelazizelbadry
Community Member

Hours not appear in my profile !

I worked for a client for about 11 projects for 3 months but i cant activate tracking time. Is there any way to be calculated?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

thanks sir, but the hours i spent before can be recalculated

Abdel, it is a FIXED RATE contract. Hours logged on fixed rate contracts will NEVER EVER show on your profile. There is nothing to "recalculate" - nobody can see hours logged on any fixed rate contract at all, in any way.

Preston worded his post in a somewhat confusing way. Yes, you can LOG hours, and you and your client can look at screenshots, but they do NOT count as "hours" on your profile and nobody can see the number of hours

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

is it will affect me on getting top rated degree?

No, of course not, but you are a long way away from that

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I worked for a client for about 11 projects for 3 months but i cant activate tracking time."

Were these fixed-price contracts?

Fixed-price contracts do not add hours to your Upwork profile.

re: "Is there any way to be calculated?"

Yes.

You may change the setting in the desktop-based Upwork application so that you can use the time-tracker tool while working on fixed-price contracts.

If you do that, then you can calculate time you spend working on fixed-price contracts.

Such time will not be shown on our public Upwork profile, but you may look at the information yourself. And your clients can see that information as well.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.33.00 AM.png

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

Abdel, it is a FIXED RATE contract. Hours logged on fixed rate contracts will NEVER EVER show on your profile. There is nothing to "recalculate" - nobody can see hours logged on any fixed rate contract at all, in any way.

Preston worded his post in a somewhat confusing way. Yes, you can LOG hours, and you and your client can look at screenshots, but they do NOT count as "hours" on your profile and nobody can see the number of hours

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

No, of course not, but you are a long way away from that

I know it takes more time to get top rated but if still working with that client only, can i get top rated degree?

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

I know it takes more time to get top rated but if still working with that client only, can i get top rated degree?

It's not a degree, it's a status / badge.

To get it you first need a Job Success Score, then keep that Job Success Score above 90% for 13 out of the last 16 weeks, plus 12 months earnings over $ 1000 etc.

Generally you need at least 4 completed contracts from at least 3 different clients to get a JSS.

This means that i should search for other clients to get JSS. thanks a lot

petra_r
Community Member

Abdel Aziz E wrote:

I worked for a client for about 11 projects for 3 months but i cant activate tracking time. Is there any way to be calculated?

It looks like you have one ongoing fixed rate contract. There are no hours associated with fixed rate contracts.

Hours are only for hourly contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths