🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hours worked still at 0.00 even after four co...
Page options
robertanya
Community Member

Hours worked still at 0.00 even after four contracts completed.

It seems that after successfully completing four separate contracts my hours worked at UpWork is still at 0.00.  I've obviously lost out on potential contracts because of this reason.  How can this situation be fixed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lexidh
Community Member

Are they hourly contracts? Because if the contracts are fixed price contracts, it's perfectly normal that it stays at 0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lexidh
Community Member

Are they hourly contracts? Because if the contracts are fixed price contracts, it's perfectly normal that it stays at 0.

Cool! Thanks Lexidh.....that certainly explains it.  yeah, all of my contracts have been fixed price!!   However it bums me out when I get a red warning from jobs that say "minimum 100 hours needed"

prestonhunter
Community Member

Robert:

As Lexidh pointed out:

You don't get credited with hours (on your Upwork profile) while working on fixed-price contracts.

All of your contracts are fixed-price.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 12.36.28 PM.png

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Robert O wrote:

It seems that after successfully completing four separate contracts my hours worked at UpWork is still at 0.00.  I've obviously lost out on potential contracts because of this reason.  How can this situation be fixed?

If you want hours on your profile, you need to accept hourly contracts. I doubt you have lost clients because of this, but you might have. You also might lose clients if you don't display your earnings, as many will search for freelancers that have earned money, so you take yourself out of that search result, too. 

re: "However it bums me out when I get a red warning from jobs that say 'minimum 100 hours needed'"

Just ignore the warning.

If you're the right person for the job, that's what matters.

Nothing bad will happen to you if you ignore that warning and apply any way. If you think your proposal and profile will impress the client, then go for it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths