🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How Can I change the milestones on My Con...
Page options
369687b9
Community Member

How Can I change the milestones on My Contract?

Hello,

I have recently set up a contract with a freelancer, but I accidentally set the whole amount agreed upon to one milestone. How do I change this so that the dollar amount is split up over several milestones?

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Braxton,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to edit milestones that's been funded. However, you will be able to edit the amount when releasing the first milestone. After you release a partial amount for the first milestone, you can use the remaining funds in Escrow to fund the next one and so on.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

what if being a freelancer i want to update the future milestones? which are not yet funded.

Hi Vivek,

It sounds like you're referring to Milestones which have been created for future tasks on an existing contract? Once a client creates a Milestone you as a freelancer can't edit it, regardless of its Escrow status.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I wrongly funded a milestone (active) with 14250.00 instead of 142.50 can I change it or I need to ask the freelancer to decline it?

Hi Guy,

At this moment you can continue with your freelancer and release less than what is funded. On the pre-established milestone, when you click the green "Pay Now" button, you'll be presented with the option of releasing a smaller amount and leaving the rest of the funds in escrow. After this, you can request a refund for the remaining funds. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
byrdmarvin
Community Member

When I click the green pay now, I do not get that option to pay partial

image.png

It might be because the freelancer did not request the payment. Ask the freelancer to request payment through the Submit work button and change the amount for the milestone amount you both agreed to.

harunur_rassid
Community Member

Are you sure?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths